The Office for Internal Auditing provides independent verification of financial management systems and supervision as well as advice to the Mayor and is an independent, autonomous unit of the City Administration, which reports directly to the Mayor.
The Head of the Office for Internal Auditing ensures that the mayor is aware of the adequacy of the systems of financial management and internal control, while the civil servants employed at the Office for Internal Auditing are directly responsible to the Mayor for the legality and quality of their work.
The main tasks of the Office for Internal Auditing
- advice on risk management, internal controls and management procedures,
- independent verification of financial management systems to ensure compliance with the principles of legality, transparency, efficiency, effectiveness and economy in the City of Ljubljana’s work,
- assessing compliance with development policies, plans, programmes and procedures set by the laws and other regulations,
- risk assessment of individual parts or organisational units of the city administration and organisations founded by the City of Ljubljana or in which the City of Ljubljana is a shareholder or co-finances their activities,
- developing a methodology for internal audit, which allows the introduction of modern audit methods and techniques into practice.