14th Slovenian Conference of Plant Protection successful
Research work at the Department of agronomy within project APPLAUSE has been focused on testing the efficacy of water extracts from invasive plant species (Japanese knotweed, Bohemian knotweed, Canada goldenrod, giant goldenrod, false indigo, tree of heaven and staghorn sumac) on insect pests.
After one year of field experiments, we have confirmed possible insecticidal properties of water extracts from false indigo, tree of heaven and staghorn sumac on some cabbage's insect pests, i.e. cabbage flea beetles and cabbage stink bugs. Described research is only one among many within project APPLAUSE that were presented at 14th Slovenian Conference of Plant Protection with international participation, that was held in Maribor between 5th and 6th March, 2019. Event was held by Plant Protection Society of Slovenia, and co-organized by Biotechnical Faculty, UL (leader: prof. dr. Stanislav Trdan) and Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences, UM (leader: prof. dr. Mario Lešnik). More than 300 participants were able to hear 65 lectures and to look at 44 poster presentation. Contributions (reports) were divided into seven sections:
- leading papers
- plant protection of food crops and fodder plants
- plant protection of forest trees
- plant protection of fruit trees
- plant protection of vegetables and stone fruits
- phytopharmaceutical products and environment
- plant protection of grape vine.
Leaf powders from invasive plant species that were used in research, where we have tested insecticidal efficacy of water extracts on cabbage flee beetles and cabbage stink bugs.
Preparation of water extracts
Cabbage flea beetles on cabbage
Activities at Department of agronomy within project Applause (project's first year). Poster was presented at 14th Slovenian Conference on Plant Protection.
Author: Tanja Bohinc, Department of Agronomy, Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana
- 14th Slovenian Conference on Plant Protection. Abstract volume
- Department of Agronomy, Biotechnical Faculty, Univesrity of Ljubljana
- Announcement of 14th Slovenian Conference on plant protection