5th Ljubljana Forum
On 8 and 9 October 2015, the Ljubljana Castle is hosting the 5th Ljubljana Forum. The title of this year’s meeting is “Future of Cities – Smart City – Empowering Cities and People”, focusing on smart cities.
Ljubljana Forum is an annual gathering combining knowledge and experience in the field of city governance and defining key areas, visions and strategies for future development of cities. It is organised by the City of Ljubljana which invites high representatives of the European Commission, cities and governments, researchers and influential leaders from industry and civil society.
The main purpose of the forum is to connect, promote and facilitate the development of good practices and concrete cases of cooperation between different stakeholders with regards to the “Smart City” concept. The representatives of cities, regions, states and EU institutions will share their experience in governance and present visions for future development.
In the focus of this year’s forum are the following topics:
• Serious challenges of asserting (development and implementation) the “Smart City” concept.
• Offered services and products for “Smart Cities”.
• Participation of the academic sphere, non-governmental organisations for “Smart Cities”.
• Financial instruments and business models for the development of “Smart Cities”.
• Presentation of “Smart Cities” projects and networks.
• Digital entrepreneurship and “Smart Cities”.
The comprehensive programme of the forum and other details are published here.