Berlin Call to Action
Mayor Zoran Janković signed the Berlin Call to Action – Cultural Heritage for the Future of Europe with which the signatories express their preparedness to assume shared responsibility to unfold the cohesive power and the potential of cultural heritage, and to advance a more peaceful, prosperous, inclusive and just Europe.
The Berlin Call to Action was presented at this year's European Cultural Heritage Summit, held in Berlin, by three organisations: EUROPA NOSTRA – the Voice of Cultural Heritage in Europe, the German Cultural Heritage Committee and the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation.
The call stresses, among other things, that the right to cultural heritage is a fundamental human right and lists effective actions with tangible results for Europe and its citizens. These are:
- developing a European action plan for cultural heritage,
- recognising heritage as a priority for European policies and funding,
- bridging local, national and European,
- preserving and transmitting the irreplaceable,
- investing in quality heritage-led regeneration,
- promoting better knowledge and deeper understanding,
- building on the momentum.
The call is in the attachment bellow, further information about it is available on the EUROPA NOSTRA web site.