Key documents on sustainable mobility
- With the vision “Ljubljana 2025”, adopted in 2007, we drafted a comprehensive approach to sustainable development of the city.
- In the Environmental Protection Programme for the period from 2007 to 2013, we defined a strategic objective of implementing a sustainable mobility system.
- In 2010, for the first time in 25 years, we drafted a Municipal spatial plan (MSP) – Implementation Part (IP) and Strategic Part (SP) for the period of 2011–2027, which is a key document for the city development.
- In 2010, we drafted the Expert Guidelines for the Regulation of Public Transport in LUR in cooperation with the Regional Development Agency of Ljubljana Urban Region (RDA LUR).
- In 2012, we adopted the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan of the City of Ljubljana, whose emphasis is the limitation of personal motor vehicle traffic and the change of people’s travelling habits to more sustainable ways – on foot, by bicycle or by public passenger transport – and the distribution of mobility in such a way that one third of journeys will be made by public transport, one third on foot or by bicycle, and one third by a private vehicle.
- Electromobility Strategy in the City of Ljubljana (2013) discusses the part of sustainable mobility that relates to choosing transportation modes which are environmentally friendly, such as electricity.
- The Sustainable Urban Strategy, both the strategic part (2016) and the implementation plan (2017), contains measures for the promotion of sustainable mobility.
- In 2017 we upgraded the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan from 2012. We redefined the objective for an even better quality of living in Ljubljana in cooperation with different stakeholders and according to our achievements so far. We have committed ourselves that by 2027, two thirds of journeys are going to be completed in a sustainable way – on foot, by bicycle and by public passenger transport.